Is it safe to go downtown to the local bars (non-smoking of course) just to dance with friends?

I just received an ear full from my husband on how he absolutely does NOT want me to go downtown while being 3 months pregnant. I go with a couple friends downtown to local bars to dance and have a good time once maybe every 2 weeks, no drinking for me and no smokey bars though!!! He is worried someone might hit my stomach, and that the loud music might be hurtful to our baby. Is he right? Or is it safe? Help!?

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 8:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it's ok, but that's just me- you're pregnant not dead
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I got bashed for my opinion on this. I personally wouldn't go out to a bar/club while pregnant. I wouldn't say that the loud noise will hurt your baby, but bar fights do happen and especially being prego I wouldn't want to be around that and possible get wrapped up into one. IMO I wouldn't, but a lot of other Moms don't agree with me.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I guess it depends on trhe type bar, rowdy or just a nice place to meet friends. Your not going to hurt the baby, like above said what if there is a fight, is there a lot of smokingt in the bar? It's kind of cute yur hubby thinks those thingsa about you little one. Well if you go have fun.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You're pregnant, not ill. Have fun.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think it would be just fine...but where do you find non-smoking bars? I don't go out anywhere like that around here because I can't breath as soon as I walk in.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think dancing is a great way to stay in shape while being pregnant so keep doing it until you deliver! Just when you go stick to your friends, stay away from any drama or what-not & stick to water & smoke-free bars..
    Seriously- Walking down a city street or visiting a Mall is just as dangerous as a night club -- fights just dont break out at the club and people get shot walking down the street/ leaving stores..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree with myangel003. it just depends on the type of setting. go have fun and bring hubby if he feels that bad about it
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 8:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'm with these guys. Go have a good time, and just use good judgment (easier when sober, of course!).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I agree with Glamourina
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010