Frequent fevers

Ok gals, I'm getting a tad worried. My SS (4yrs old) seems to get fevers too frequent for my liking. They usually are low-grade (99-maybe 101) but have gotten up to 103 before. They've happened a whole bunch in just the year that DH and I have been married. And of course I take to google. Well, that made it worse being that he gets fevers and headaches at the same time. The last one was probably just a month or 2 ago. I'm taking him to doctor again tomorrow to discuss it, but has anyone had this happen to their children?

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• ps I forgot to mention he's got another one as we speak.
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My daughter had chronic ear infections until she was 6. They caused low-grade and high fevers from birth. They removed her tonsils and adenoids when she was 6 and she has been perfectly healthy since! Good Luck to you.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• The following will be the 10 Warning Signs for Primary Immune Deficiencies. These are genetic diseases that can be inherited or the result of a mutation of genes. If a child has 2 signs they should be tested. I have the PID called Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID). For me it was adult onset when I was 32. All of my sons also have it and my 23 mo grandson has it. Obviously for us it is inherited. I get gamma globulin IVs every 3 weeks to help protect me from protection so I don't have to live in a bubble.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• 1. Eight or more ear infections within 1 year

2. Two or more serious sinus infections within 1 year

3. Two or more months on antibiotics with little or no affect

4. Two or more pneumonias within 1 year

5. Failure of an infant to gain weight or grow normally.

6. Recurrent, deep skin or organ abscesses.

7. Persistent thrush in mouth or elsewhere on skin, after age 1.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• 8. Need for intravenous antibiotics to clear infections.

9. Two or more deep seated infections

10. A family history of primary immune deficiency

Sorry it took two entries.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Its ok thanks so much. He hasnt had any of those that I know of. I ask DH all the time cuz I've been doing everything for him for pre-k and before with speech classes (they wanna know about ear infections as well). Number 2 and 9 are a lil vague for me though. What would be considered a "deep seated infection" I guess if no meds, then not serious right?
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• MomIWant--My cousins little girl also ended up having tonsilitis with her chronic fevers. Will they ever complain about their throat with it?? Cuz he always just says he has a headache, but not his throat (or even neck).
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• bump!
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• now this morning, no fever, no headache, said he wanted to go to school! I'm so confused. Still prob going to ask his pedi about it. But he was back to normal this morning. So odd....
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• she is 4 so she will stop around 5or6
    rave88

Answer by rave88 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010