Ok gals, I'm getting a tad worried. My SS (4yrs old) seems to get fevers too frequent for my liking. They usually are low-grade (99-maybe 101) but have gotten up to 103 before. They've happened a whole bunch in just the year that DH and I have been married. And of course I take to google. Well, that made it worse being that he gets fevers and headaches at the same time. The last one was probably just a month or 2 ago. I'm taking him to doctor again tomorrow to discuss it, but has anyone had this happen to their children?Answer Question
Answer by MomIWant at 8:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010
The following will be the 10 Warning Signs for Primary Immune Deficiencies. These are genetic diseases that can be inherited or the result of a mutation of genes. If a child has 2 signs they should be tested. I have the PID called Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID). For me it was adult onset when I was 32. All of my sons also have it and my 23 mo grandson has it. Obviously for us it is inherited. I get gamma globulin IVs every 3 weeks to help protect me from protection so I don't have to live in a bubble.
Answer by Gailll at 8:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010
1. Eight or more ear infections within 1 year
2. Two or more serious sinus infections within 1 year
3. Two or more months on antibiotics with little or no affect
4. Two or more pneumonias within 1 year
5. Failure of an infant to gain weight or grow normally.
6. Recurrent, deep skin or organ abscesses.
7. Persistent thrush in mouth or elsewhere on skin, after age 1.
Answer by Gailll at 8:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010
8. Need for intravenous antibiotics to clear infections.
9. Two or more deep seated infections
10. A family history of primary immune deficiency
Sorry it took two entries.
Answer by Gailll at 8:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010
Answer by rave88 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010
Next question in Kids' Health
How do I keep a dog bite clean and free of infection?
Next question overall
Is it safe to go downtown to the local bars (non-smoking of course) just to...
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups: