any one have a child with tar syndrome

cdj592

Asked by cdj592 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What is tar syndrome? never heard of it. bumped ya.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had to google it myself and came up with Thrombocytopenia Absent Radius Syndrome a rare disorder that is present at birth (congenital). It is characterized by low levels of platelets in the blood (thrombocytopenia) and absence (aplasia) of the long, thin bones of the forearms (radii). Other common abnormalities are often present including additional skeletal defects such as absence or underdevelopment of the other bones of the forearm (ulnae), structural malformations of the heart (congenital heart defects), kidney (renal) defects. Affected individuals may be abnormally short for their age (short stature) and exhibit cow's milk intolerance. TAR syndrome is believed to be inherited as an autosomal recessive trait. However, evidence suggests that inheritance in TAR syndrome may be more complex than simple recessive inheritance in some cases.

SymptomsTAR syndrome can potentially affect multiple systems of the body, but it is
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sorry I ran out of space and tried to fix it but it wouldn't cooperate. Anyway here is the link to the website I found with more information:

http://www.cigna.com/healthinfo/nord657.html

Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010