28month old sleeping on the floor

my 28 month old insist on sleeping on his floor, when its time for him to go to bed he lays on the floor tonight when I told him to get in bed and sleep he told me NO sleep on floor. Should I be worried? Should I just let it be he is going to bed easily like always?

wyattgrace

Asked by wyattgrace at 8:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would start with a bedtime and a bedtime routine to get him to bed, sleeping on the floor is not good for him. Good luck.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• He sounds independent. Sleeping on the floor won't hurt him so why not.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• tyme- he has a bedtime routine has always had one and he was sleeping in his bed independently without a complaint and he still is doing his bedtime routine without no problems other then he insist that he sleeps on the floor....
    Thanks Gailll
    wyattgrace

Comment by wyattgrace (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Mine did the same thing. They would start out on one end of the bed, then they would be facing the other direction. In the morning I found them cuddled up on the floor. I would just put down a mat and make sure there is a blanket he can find. It is a phase he will grow out of when he becomes uncomfortable.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 8:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i wouldnt worry. sometimes i go to check on my daughter and shes sleaping under her bed. and shes 4, its about comfort and if thats where hes comfy then so be it.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• As long as she isn't choosing a dangerous place to sleep on the floor and is sleeping ok, let her be. can't see any harm in it and she'll probably decide eventually that the bed isn't so bad after all!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I agree that sleeping on the floor won't hurt him so if that's what he's into right now... why not? The only time I ever found my oldest in the floor was when he was in a toddler bed. It wasn't big enough for him to sleep comfortably in and he would roll out sometimes. After he got a twin bed he didn't have any more problems.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010