Would you say something?

So, I'm just on facebook & a girl that I know has pictures of her newborn with his bottle propped. There are about 6 different pictures, him in different outfits, so she obviously does this all the time. This little baby is just over a month old. I have no problem with mothers that choose to bottle-feed, but it seriously pisses me off when they do it incorrectly - i.e., overfeeding, watering down formula, and propping the bottle. It is such a choking hazard & robs the baby of crucial bonding time with their parent. I want to send her a private message with an article or something, letting her know the dangers of this bad practice. I also don't want to over-step my boundaries. Would you say something?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 8:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When it comes to something which can KILL, there is no over stepping bounds.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would. You could be saving that babys life . and if she doesn't care enough about holding her baby what else doesn't she care about? Ya know?
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I would not but that is just me. I prefer not to tell others how to parent and would not say anything to anyone other than a close friend. Obviously others feel strongly about it but I would let it go.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• maybe, just maybe, she doesn't know any better. you'd be helping her out, not to mention doing a great deed of service to the baby, to educate her.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• mel- if you saw a young child holing a knife, would you do something about it?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No I don't think its any of your business. If a picture is being taken then she is obviously sitting right there so the baby is not going to be chocking to death. She may have propped it just for a second to take the picture. I would say something to someone if I thought that a baby was being hurt but seriously all you can see is a bottle being propped. Not a baby being neglected.

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Thanks ladies, I just sent her a message.
    Wheepingchree

Comment by Wheepingchree (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• wow that is crazy my little one is just over a month and she sometimes chokes and she is in my arms i would be sooo affraid of just leaving her alone with the bottle! :(
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• brandi- propping IS neglect.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I was answering the question same as you. And I agree propping IS neglect WHEN you leave the baby alone. Like I said....She may have propped the bottle just for a second. You don't know that she did anything wrong.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010