do you ever feel unmotivated to do housework

i sometimes feel really unmotivated when it comes to cleaning the house , im a stay at home mom. i just feel like playing with the kids and being lazy. sometimes i run around just before my guy comes home to make it look like ive been run off my feet lol

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 8:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yeah, im do that sometimes.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Are you kidding all of the time. When I feel like it I can get a ton done but when I am dragging it seems like it takes forever to do anything.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• some days, but i start to feel very flustered and just blah if i let the house go/
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 8:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Doesn't everyone feel that way. When my kids were little we would run around and see how fast we could put away the toys. I always liked having the house neat. It wasn't always clean. I am a good cook so that made up for a lot. LOL

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes! Sometimes I look around and think, "I just cleaned all this!! Why should I have to clean it all up again?" Now I enlist the help of the major mess-makers (they are 10, 8 and 3) to help with the clean-up.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• All the time!
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• probably a better question for me would be do you ever feel MOTIVATED to do housework? bc it's few and far between lol. and usually if i do it's something crazy like cleaning out the pantry and organizing it instead of something 'normal' like scrub the kitchen floor. i hate housework lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Y'all are so weird... my house is spotless all the time and I live for cleaning.

And by that I mean I agree with all of you. I absolutely hate keeping house and do run around at the last minute to make it look like I did a lot. Haha!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• every damn day and my kid is in high school!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Hey, what's really to like about doing housework. You clean up and eventually it gets dirty again. I don't blame you for not feeling motivated at times. I've felt that way plenty of times.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010