HELP! Girl Names and a stubborn husband

I'm due in a few days with a baby girl and my husband has his mind set on one name and won't consider anything else. I don't mind it but it's very close to his niece's name as well as his cousin.
He wants the name Keara - his sister's daughter is Kira (long "I"), and his cousin is Kara. Is it too close or should I give in?

I'm thinking about using the fact that I'll be filling out the birth certificate to get my way if he doesn't consider other options we can agree on. At least we agreed the middle name will be Reagan. Here are some that I like:
Alyssa Reagan
Alana Reagan
Brianna Reagan
Iliana Reagan
Karina Reagan
Mila Reagan (our son's name is Liam so Mila is his name rearranged)

I'd love to get your opinions - thanks!

Autumn317

Asked by Autumn317 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Baby Names

• i think it works fine.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• for reagan, I actually like keara, and alyssa! a few others would be... kendra, makenzie, melissa, and taresa. good luck!!
    cupcake1441

Answer by cupcake1441 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Camille is like my favorite girl name. Couldn't get hubby on board with that though! :)
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I like Karina.

I told my husband, that when he could grow it and birth it, THEN he could name it, but as long as it was coming out of my vajayjay, it belonged to me
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't prefer for my kids names to be so close to family members. I don't think you should surprise him by filling out the form as you want to but you should state that as much as he is set for the name that you are that much set against the name. What about switching it around and using Regean as the first name?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I like Alana personally :) Karina is nice as well. & I agree w/ you on the name Keara being to close to his family members names.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 9:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• issabelle reagan is a pretty name izzy for short izzy and liam
    3boyzcrazy

Answer by 3boyzcrazy at 11:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Brianna - Bree for short and I would want it different from the families. All names are beautiful. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• You need to like the name too! If you're not totally into the name your Hubby picked let him know and put your foot down. By the way! We totally have the same naming methods! My little boy is Liam too AND my little sister Who I named is Alyssa! AND to top it all off I've already told DH if we have a daughter her Name WILL be Illiana... LOL

Also I Love Mila... Very very cute!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• What about Reagan Keara.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2010