This is my first baby, what is the most valuable information to help me through this journey?!

Since I have never been in this situation (sounds bad!!), err.... since I have never been pregnant although i am very excited about it!!, i feel like i won't finish preparing the house in time, or I will do something wrong. What is there I need ot know the most??

cupcake1441

Asked by cupcake1441 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Trust yourself and your instincts
    Enjoy the experience
    Ask the experts if you think there is a problem
    Don't go looking for problems LOL
    Take lots and lots of pictures
    Relax, your child will teach you how he/she needs to be parented
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• don't worry so much and don't over-react to every little thing. i was so sccared with my first bc i had never even held a newborn before, let lone take care of one 24/7! i was so suprised at how it came natural to me. you can also take a newborn care class and breast feeding class (if you're planning on doing that) at your hospital and that will help you feel more prepared too. gl! and congrats
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• To not "rush" things, enjoy each day being pregnant, and then when the baby does come enjoy each moment they are an infant and then a li ttle toddler, never say "i cant wait for..." because time flies SOOOO fast! enjoy each little smile, and coo, because before you know it they are such big kids
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 8:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• dont stress! thats the most valuable piece of info to remember. you will do fine. does your baby have a bed, diapers , clothes, and a way to be fed? then your good, with a newborn thats all you need.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Try and go with the flow as mush as you can (I know it's hard....) and trust your gut. Don't be scared to ask for help and enjoy every moment... the laundry, dishes and dusting can be done the next day :)
    mommy2domi

Answer by mommy2domi at 8:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Relax. Most important thing. Read and research everything..second most important. LOL

Everything else is just fine. Don't worry it will all work out. Read every post and response and any link provided in the answers section. Then, decide if it sounds like it will work for you and if you need to remember it or if it won't and you just dismiss it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Go to good childbirth course that last several sessions. Not the one hour class at the hospital. Go to a series of four La Leche Meetings. Babies don't care what the house is like. You want to make sure you have a vaginal birth and breastfeed. Hire a doula for the birth. Consider a home birth or a birth center.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• 1.) Go with your gut. Ignore all the "professional opinions" and theories out there and let love guide you... If you try to do things "by the book" you'll go crazy with worry and drive yourself to an early grave.

2.) Take some time to research things like vaccines, circumcision (if you're having a boy), breast feeding and ear piercing... ALL of which are choices which should ONLY be made after you have ALL the facts (pros and cons). Let me know if you need info on anything...

3.) Don't EVER let anyone make you feel guilty for making choices which you feel are best for your child... They are YOUR child, no one elses...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Just relax...Trust me Your motherly nature will kick in...It never lets you down...i have a 3 yr old son..and i'm still learning!!! Jus enjoy the special moments with your baby...and take lots of photos..bcuz they grow FAST!!!
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 8:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• thank you all! im very excited! if you think of more, keep posting! or add me if you like!
    cupcake1441

Comment by cupcake1441 (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010