gallbladder surgery

im getting mine done tommorow, im pretty scared,
who has had it done is it really that bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Health

• I had my done by laproascope. I was pretty sick and had been in the hospital 3 or 4 days. It didn't hurt bad. I had no problems getting up a couple hours after. I can't take pain meds, they make me throw up. I did ok without pain meds. I stayed several more days in the hospital after. I felt better in about 4 weeks. I didn't have kids to take care of. My scars are minor.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have had it done and it was not bad. One of the best things that I did in the long run. I was flying with 3 kids all by myself about 4 days later. I stayed in the hospital about 2 days afterwords but it was not bad at all. I had not been doing well like Gailll I was in the hospital for about a week beforehand.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i've had it done....they told me to count to 100 and I passed out at 3...lol when I woke up I tried to move...it's best just to know your going to wake up and not be able to move like a normal person or talk straight for a bit...until the meds ware off. at least that was what happened with me! your stomach is sore for up to about 2 weeks and the scars are tiny you can't hardly see them after they heal up!
    good luck! you'll feel so much better! xo
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• oh....and it was an in and out thing....I was out two hours after I woke up.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I currently have a bruise on my right knee that hurts worse than the gall bladder incisions. And it's lasting longer than the recovery took.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Out patient surgery, scars very minimal (Two 1/4 inch scars in my upper abdomen, 1 in my belly button), I was on pain meds for 1 week, then back to work. You'll be fine :)
    ladycertz

Answer by ladycertz at 9:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had my gallbladder out and it wasn't that bad at all. I had mine out in December and rarely have any issues. Some foods I eat now are harder to digest and it gives me a stomach ache, but once you learn what you can and can't eat then you will do fine. They say to change to a low fat diet after the surgery. Good luck with the surgery!
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 9:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010