If you see a parent driving fast on the way to school, does it change your trust factor for them?

As kids are going to start asking for play dates after school with their new friends, how do you sum up a trustful parent? After seeing my child's friends mom drive all wild to school, I don't trust her the same.

surfcitymom

Asked by surfcitymom at 9:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in

• I wouldn't let her drive my kid until I saw she could drive better. I wouldn't have a problem with a neutral play date place though. Like a park or something where the kids can play and the parents can talk and get to know each other better.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yeah you can trust her; just don't trust her to not be tardy.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yes...it bothers me.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• actions speak louder then words
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It would bother me if she was not following the laws, going with the flow of traffic, and being especially unsafe. If she was doing what other drivers were doing so that SHE didn't get hurt, etc., it wouldn't bother me.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Surfcitymom, ok, YES, I DO agree with that. That is a bit scary, but I also think you should watch and see if this is an every day event, she could have been late for something, dr appointment, work, meeting, who knows. Are you friends with her at all, do you two talk? I would ask her about it, and tell her that is scary! Tell her she doesn't want to live with the guilt if something were to happen you know? I think for awhile though you should take your son until you can get to know her or her driving habits better.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have lost trust with moms when they are taking my kids to bible study, get pulled over in a 30 going 55! There is no excuse for that, IMO
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yeah I would definitly do park play dates for awhile. How old are your children? If they are still in car seats then FOR SURE, esp b/c you dont want to deal with the hassle of installing and uninstalling, etc. get to know the mom, but dont discredit her just for one day. We all make mistakes, I hope things work out for you and your child.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes, It would.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2010