OMG! This child will not stop screaming :(

He is 22 months and has been screaming for what seems like hours (on and off). He isn't hungry of thirsty....he isn't sick. I have tried playing with him singing, dancing. ugh nothing helps and I am about to scream with him! Ever feel this way? He used to be so sweet :(

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, it is a tough age, I have an 18month old that has been super high maintenance lately because he's starting to become very particular. Like he wants to watch a specific thing on tv, or a movie, or he wants a book, but it has to be a particular book, and he talks pretty well, but still I can't understand a lot of things when he asks or wants something and we're stuck playing the guessing game and he just yells because I'm not a good guesser, lol. Anyway, time to play investigator mom, it's not normal for him to be screaming all day long, he obviously needs something. I know your frustration though, totally been there, may be time to let him hang in his bedroom for a while so you can recoup and get your bearings again. good luck!!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• my daughter had horrible colic for like the first 5 months of her life....it was horrible trying to be the best new mom i could be and not have the answer to help her. plus add in the already sleepless nights and the crying all day long. not fun.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I feel for you, my 17 month old, for a good 11 months cried from sun up to sun down...nothing helped, hang in there, it should be bed time soon tomorrow is another day, hopeffuly a better day.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• When we had those nights, we'd put our son in the car and go for a ride.. Invariably the change of scenery would quiet him and he'd fall asleep.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Maybe he is getting sick but isnt showing symptoms yet...hugs
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes...we all have those days. My son is 18 months and get like that sometimes.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My son use to get cranky like that sometimes...i read in a parent mag while in the doc office to turn on the vaccum...and it worked...but it was crazy bcuz once i turned it off he would start screaming...lol
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 9:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Thats what I was going to suggest as well. Usually when my son starts acting up like that its due to his teeth or coming down with something. I would try some tylenol and maybe some teething tablets or whatever your child prefers. It might help you out a lot.
    NicoleAnn26

Answer by NicoleAnn26 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My son has been really whiny, but he is teething and had the stomach flu a few days ago. If I didn't know either of these things already, I would never be able to figure out why he was so unhappy. It's really hard at this age! They mutter and mumble and talk, but it doesn't make sense, and they are so insistent and you just feel like such a moron for not understanding. Have you tried tylenol, just on the off chance he's teething or hurting somehow? I know when I give it to my teething son, he gets happy almost exacly 30 minutes later. It really seems to work for him!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i have! once i remember my daughter, now 8, doing this! it was horrible and i got so frustrated i picked her up above my head and yelled shut up! and you know what she did? she busted upo laughing at me and took all my frustration away immediatly. it was very cool.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2010