Bumbo

What age did you put your baby in a bumbo or something to help them sit up? my DD is 3 months and cries when laid down i will put her boppie around her but she slids out of it so i put her in a walker with a blanket around her but she really is to little for a walker so i was looking in to something else could you tell me what you all used at this age when they are wanting to sit up but no by there self yet thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if your dd can support her weight pretty well then it would be fine, but at 3 months i don't think she is ready. maybe try a swing, that way she can sit up, swing and be supported all at the same time. my daughter didn't like the bumbo much. it was a waste of money for me. i believe i got it for her right around 6 months.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We used the Bumbo for our third child. I know he was in it at three months. He loved it. Just be careful, before you know he or she will be crawling right out of it :).
    navymomof3boys

Answer by navymomof3boys at 9:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I started right at 4 months; she was the perfect size. Dang I wish I remembered how much she weighed then.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If she's got good neck control, then you can use a bumbo. I used it at about 3 months also. You have to be very careful though, don't ever put it anywhere but the floor, and while it was fine for my 1st baby, my 2nd it was just never safe, because he always twisted out of it, even from the very beginning, all babies are different. I've heard of so many babies having accidents with them I don't recommend them. Good luck though I hope it works well with your baby just make sure you don't leave them in it unsupervised.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If she can hold her head up for long periods of time then she is fine to use a Bumbo. Just don't put her on any high surfaces and walk away. I'm sure you knew that, but as I've learned they're very easily moved by determined little ones. My daughter is now 10months old and I had her in it last month on the coffee table. Using her feet she scooted herself all the way to the edge. Nice. So clearly now she's never in it alone.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• DH was trying to put our DD in the sit up seat at like 3 weeks! Dads are so ridiculous!

She has really amazing neck and head control and developed it really early. She started liking the sit up seat at 2 months. She is 14 weeks now and sits in it a lot.

Every child likes something different. Maybe try out someones sit up seat before buying your own. We also have an excer-saucer that she just started liking this week.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I first got the chance the other day at her cousins house. She's not yet 4 months, and she loved it!!!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I started using dd's bumbo when she was about 8 weeks old, and she loved it. At least until she got mobile and realized it kept her stationary lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My daughter is 8months now and i still put her in her bumbo on the bathroom counter as i get ready, yes she can obvi. sit by herself but it helps out a lot. I put her in it when she was about 3 months old. she didnt mind it after awhile, so try it out again!
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2010