Boys and day beds

Are day beds generally too girly for little boys? We're moving and I'm trying to get my kids' rooms worked out. It's not frilly with girl decorations or anything but it is white....

Pauline3283

Asked by Pauline3283 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I think they are generally designed girly, and most of the bedding will be a little girly but that doesn't mean you can't do it!

paint it something like bright red or blue! you can get white sheets for a day bed and dye them to match your boy's style.

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i think girly don't do it!
    Anonymous

• Girly.....
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• girly - definitely - unless you have a wooden one or something with more straight lines...(white or not)...I would probably just find a cheap headboard or something (or make one real easy with sanded plywood & paint!! Then screw to the wall, or, attach "legs" with a couple 2x4s & bolt to the bed frame) I think you'll be better off - & your son will probably thank you later in life!! lol :) good luck!
    mama_of5

Answer by mama_of5 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008