Who else....

MUST !!! make up their bed when u get out of it....My DF always fuss at me, telling me to leave the bed undo until we get back....i will be running late for work, but i have to make up my bed...is there any body else that's crazy like me...i cant stand a messy bed it drives me crazy....lol

TezMoM

Asked by TezMoM at 9:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yeah, making your bed every morning is imperative because it gives you something that you've accomplished at the beginning of your day which leads to higher self esteem the rest of the day. Also, it's more inviting when you get ready to go to bed at night which helps you sleep better. I ALWAYS make my bed every morning; even though I don't sleep it much; with my newborn and all. But I still make it up when hubby wakes.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I make my bed as soon as I'm out of it, mainly because I want the kids to do the same.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My mom is this way. Her house is always very nice and presentable too. I was forced to make my bed every day growing up. I don't think I've made my bed in 15 years now. My DH makes the bed when he changes the sheets for me. But I don't think that counts. LOL If you like the bed made good for you.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 9:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My mom is like that, she can't lay down in a messy bed. I am the complete opposite, I only make my bed when we have company, a messy bed is very comforting to me for some reason.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I never make the bed except when I've washed the sheets. Or if company is coming over.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Thanks.... Keisha...I cant wait to tell my DF what you wrote....i never even though of it like that...makes alot of sense :)
    TezMoM

Comment by TezMoM (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I make mine every morning for the same reasons Keisha posted.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Same as Christina and lilysmom - I only make the bed when I change the sheets or if I think someone is coming over. And even then it depends on who. But we don't have a pretty bed - we cosleep so I have my blanket and hubby has his, and our bed doesn't look much better made than unmade. Someday we will have a pretty bed, just not now :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I do it because usually there's laundry to do and when it comes out of the dryer that's where I dump it and fold it. If it's not made it drives me crazy...lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I do make my bed every day, but since I use a quilt it's just a flip of the quilt and adjustment of the pillows and done.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2010