my daughter is 9 months old and grinds her teeth?

any suggestions on what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Health

• I think this is normal it is so exciting to them to have these new found objects, My DD is 1 now and is slowly growing out of it but she had done it since 8 months old I would just let her do it , then wait if it continues past 1 then talk to DR.

BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It's totally normal, she'll stop it in a few weeks. It's something new for her that's why she keeps doing it there is nothing you can do. When dd did it it freaked me out too I bought her some teething bisquits and that sometimes helped
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 3:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Wow, you are not alone. I heard that horrible noise coming from behind me one day while I was driving. I pulled over to check on my (9 months at the time) son, he was grinding like he was trying to make his teeth into chalk. I looked online and found out it is normal about the time that they are about to cut back teeth and have discovered that the front teeth are great for tearing, like food and such. So I bought him a rubber gum stimular with the bumps on it and he used that instead. Ugh. I am so glad we got through it. Good luck with this stage of developement! Lots more surprises for you just ahead!
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 3:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• my daughter did it for a few months while she was that age as well. She eventually stopped, not a big deal.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 8:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2008