what do u do when u have a 10yo that dont like ur bf that u had for about 4 years now

bf and kids dont getalong what do u do

jessica24iam97

Asked by jessica24iam97 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Get rid of the boyfriend. Your son comes 1st.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• None of your children like him? I would get rid of the boyfriend, because you will always have your children and there will be nothing but problems in your family if you keep him.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No question on that one, you kick the boyfriend to the curb! Girl, once you have kids you become a package deal! If they want in, they have to be accepted and loved by the whole package!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Why doesn't your 10 year old like your bf? Is it just because he's not their dad or is there another reason?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Have you talked to your son about WHY he doesn't like him? Maybe it's something as simple as he thinks your attention is being taken away or it could be that your bf is just a complete ass! Talk to him and find out, but your children should ALWAYS come first.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If asked, my 10 year old would say she doesn't like her stepfather either but that's because he is very strict and very hard on her (he makes her order off the kids' menu, lol). I remind her that her biological father could have been just as strict so there's no getting out of it for her. But then in my case, the wedding happened already, not just a bf. Like someone said, it depends on why he doesn't like him. If he is just a strict dad, that's no reason to dump him.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes,your children should come first and your U should be YOU and your UR should be YOUR. Sorry but that texting crap is annoyng.I wonder how old you are?Teens text.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Did he not like him for the whole 4 yrs or just out of the blue not like him?
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 11:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Family first. Send him is walking papers.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I had this problem with my daughter but I had two kids with him. That was 18 yrs ago. All I can tell you is that your kids will more than likely resent him now and in the future. If I could go back and change things I would, but I can't. But it all boils down to this question. who is more important to you, I would say the kids should be more important than you BF. But look on the bright side, at least you didn't marry him, so you won't have to worry about a divorce.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2010