Old Wives tale or Superstition?

Have any favorites? Like is a woman is carrying high or low she's having a. Or if a black cat crosses your path you get bad luck. Do you believe any of them? My fav is if your right palm itches put it in your pocket, it means you'll be getting money soon. I must say this does work for me.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've always heard that if your right palm itches, you'll lose money; if your left hand itches, you'll make or find money!

My mom believes that placing a loaf of bread upside down brings bad luck.

A friend of mine believes that if your butt gets big while pregnant, you're having a girl. If it remains the same size, it's a boy.

My grandmother believed that when making polenta, it had to be stirred in the same direction (can't remember if it's clockwise or counterclockwise) the entire cooking time.

There are a bunch more that I can't recall right now ... I don't believe any of them.

FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• If someone sweeps your feet by accident you have to spit on the broom because if not, you will never get married. I believed that passionately before I was married but now I don't know what it means if someone sweeps my feet.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Not any that I can think of but I love hearing them. I know that my Grandmother when she spilled salt always threw it over her shoulder. Breaking a mirror give you bad luck for 7 years or something like that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I only believe the ones I want to believe. If one sounds good and it happens to me, I believe it, but if it's a bad one that happens to me I just tell myself, it's just some silly superstition and isn't real lol
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I thought of some I've heard. If your nose itches you'r going to kiss a fool, the ring on a string baby gender prodicter.... If I think of more I'll come back lol
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I remember the getting your foot swept one. I heard it a little different though. The version I got was if your foot is swept and you don't spit on the broom you'll have bad luck. Another one I believe is if you put a broom upside down behind the door it will keep away the evil spirits. I have one behind my door too. Lol.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I always heard that the left hand loses your money.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2010