My husband and I are trying for baby #2.....

I want to find an interesting way to tell him since the first time kinda sucked. I was at wal mart and I bought a test and took it in the bathroom and came out sobbing telling him I was pregnant. Lol Its sounds silly when I think about it now but it was unexspected and I was so nervous. Anyway.....any ideas?? How did you tell your dh/so?

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I asked him if he would like to take his vacation time from work in late April. He asked,"for your birthday?" and then I handed him the pregnancy test lol
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I've always just flat out told him lol. I don't do anything cute, I'm too impatient for that. But my sister always wanted to make a dinner of "baby" foods. Baby back ribs, baby corn, baby carrots... and see if he figures it out lol. I've also heard of moms telling their hubby "There's a surprise in the oven for you" and when he goes to look it's a cupcake with "Bun" written on it :p I like both those ideas.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Too cute, I love all those ideas! I kinda just stared at my husband and said I love you over and over and batted my eyelashes until he finally asked "are we pregnant?!" LOL
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'm not very creative. The first time I had already told him something was going on. I bought a test after work, I got off a little early that day, and took it right before he got off work. When he was on his way he called to ask if I had done it and what was the result. The second time I made our son a t-shirt that said "I'm the Big Brother" and had him wearing it when DH got home.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• With our first he knew I was testing. With our second I tested when he was at work. Then had my sister write baby on my tummy with an arrow. When hubby got home from work. I asked him to look at my belly. I have a weird rash. Man was he surprised. With out third. I took the test upstairs without him know. Then called him up and told him to look in the bathroom. He went in, came out and had to go back in and relook at it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My hubby was with me when I tested.....I am the one who actually walked out of the bathroom so he can find out before I did....I was too nervous!
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My experience was pretty similar to yours only without the tears. It was completely unplanned and I felt helpless.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2010