NAP time!!!

k it has lately been impossible to get my 5 month down for a nap!!!??? He falls asleep on me but once I p;ut him down 20 minutes later he's wide awake!!!!
any tips

JessTorres

Asked by JessTorres at 2:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well that 20 min mama is a power nap to him, you should lay him down after about only 5 min that way he is still groggy and may fuss but will still fall back asleep...dont wait for the whole 20 before you lay him down..
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Don't let him fall asleep on you anymore. Lay him down in his area of sleep and pat his back or something to soothe him. Then gradually everyday ease away from him....Supernanny taught me this for my four year old....same concept, same result. OR nap with him....but even then you have to think of a way to get him out of that habit too...so just be prepared that anything you do in routine, the child will expect that everytime. Good Luck.
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• When I put my daughter down for a nap, we lay next to each. This way I don't have to move her. I can just get up. My daughter used to be a cat napper too. It was awful! If he wakes up after twenty minutes, try putting him back to sleep right away. After a week or two, he should sleep learn to sleep longer and longer. That worked for us.

Good luck!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• This might sound cruel but I put my daughter in her crib before she is asleep. I will throw a few toys in there and take them out when she falls asleep.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• by: GraciesMommy25
    This might sound cruel but I put my daughter in her crib before she is asleep. I will throw a few toys in there and take them out when she falls asleep.

nope, not cruel at all. that's what i do. you're supposed to put them down before they fall asleep so they can learn how to soothe them to sleep, and if giving them quiet toys or books before they go to sleep works, then great! i had to do that with my son, and actually, he's in his toddler bed, and at nap time, he gets out of his bed and plays with his toys for a while, then climbs in his bed and goes to sleep when he's tired. no fussing, he knows how it goes.
    Anonymous