What is wrong with me? I cant focus on a tv show. Even if no one is home and everything is done I can NOT sit down and just watch a tv show no matter how interested I am in the show. Do I have add?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Health

• Lol I have ADD/ADHD and I can't focus on ANYTHING. Not just tv. It could be that your mind is racing and you can't concentrate. Like sometimes at night when your mind won't slow down and before you know it, you've been up all night!!!!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I think I have ADD . I can focus on a show at times that I can focus on what's going on around me. lol But I can't read because I just can't focus long enogh. But I'm thinking 1 or 2 things. I do have ADD. Or for so long taking care of my three boys never being able to do anything for myslf . I just have gotten use to it .
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Are you stressed about anything? You could be unconsciously worrying about something without realizing it. I don't have ADD but I find it hard to focus on TV sometimes. I'll get so bored that no matter what, nothing I do will satisfy me. It gets much worse when I'm really stressed, whether I realize it or not.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I don't want to play doctor here of course, but here is my 2 useless cents lol. I am the same way. I have 2 TiVo's full of stuff to watch and even when I actually have 30 minutes to sit and watch, I have found that I can't watch TV anymore. It finally occured to me that my brain was too stimulated if you can believe that! It didn't occur to me until I was turning on a recorded program and just walked away from it and went out to my porch and just sat to watch all the cars go by, the nieghbors come and go and the birds landing here and there. I was actually just NOT thinking. And it felt damn GOOD! Ha. Maybe it was information overload, or just my body's way of saying, tune out, turn off, turn around...Breath.... Or, I am just sick of having my intelligence insulted by the network executives who think they know what I want to watch.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 3:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Maybe you're just not a TV person. I'm not. I'd rather be doing something else.
    mommafurr07

Answer by mommafurr07 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It could be that you have too much on your mind possibly thinkig of all the other stuff you have to do
    Anonymous