My daughter is biracial (black and white) but was born with blonde hair! is this normal?

She is now almost 3 months old and just now her hair is starting to turn into a sandy brown color...and her eyes are a deep deep blue! her father is a medium toned black man. when will her hair or eyes or color start to change? is this common?

brailees_mammy

Asked by brailees_mammy at 9:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they might change more, but they might not. there's nothing 'normal' about any gene-characteristics, really. it may be less likely, but certainly not abnormal.
    celebrate her beauty!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Genetics are fickle. She could have any color hair, eyes, and skin that changes as she grows. Congrats on the new baby. I am a mom of biracial (black and white) children too.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't think it's common. Dark hair and brown eyes are domiant, but it's not imposible. I'm guessing they will still change, I've heard eye colors can change until they're around a year old than they're thier permant color
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I bet she has some recessive white features....my son has a Japanese father (dark like coffee) and he is a golden blondie (his other son has blue asian shaped eyes)....my son got anglo looking eyes, brown, but Japanese shaped lips and face....straight hair when I present with and have the way curly frizzy hair gene....

but clearly I "bleached" all the asian out of the child being from a redhead line~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• yes it is common. there isnt a set way for a bi-racial person to look. both my kids are biracial, but my older 2yo son hair was black and slowly turned medium brown. ive seen black people really lightskinned. and white people darkskinned..so yes, its normal. shes guna be a maneater!! =) tell the boys to watch out. knockout with blue eyes
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Um , well I'm pretty sure she's normal! lol I have a sister who has olive skin and white blond hair and she isn't bi racial. lol They don't all come out light skinned with curly dark hair! God has fun when he makes those beautiful babies! lol My friend is a red head, and her so's is African American and their daughter has red, tight curly hair and dark skin with freckles!! So gorgeous!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• she looks JUST like her father... except for the "whiteness" lol
    brailees_mammy

Comment by brailees_mammy (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I know many babies like this
    in fact my own son has very light brown hair, he is 3/4 black 1/4 white, his hair may darken, but as is looks like a dark blonde, my moms white and is very blonde.

It's all in the genes, maybe not typical, but it is possible.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Sounds like her genetics came from your side of the family, unless his side has blondes in it. It's very common for a baby to take on the getetics of a mother, even though in biracial couples the stronger genetics come from those who are white. Usually. It's possible that your baby won't take on the genetics of her father and will remain a sandy haired little girl.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My friends daughter is bi racial as well. Half black half white. When she was born she just had a little dark hair, blue eyes, and white skin. Around 6 months her skin darkened and her eyes turned brown. Her hair is brown, when she was born it was black. So they change sometimes. My son was born with dark hair and it all fell out and hes blonde as can be now :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010