2000 chevy blazer hood wont open

Ok I have had everything tried. Pulling the cable from the inside with pliers, pulling it from under the hood with pliers, banging on the hood and pulling, cutting the hood release cable to pull the wire wd40 in case it just needed alittle grease and there is no way to open the grill without the hood being open. Now Pepe Boys wants to charge me about $400 to install the hood release cable, that's not counting the time it will take to open the hood so I don't like being screwed so how can I open my hood. Oh I also tried the making a hook out of a metal coat hanger and reaching the latch that way but nada.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 10:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Have you tried swearing at it and kicking it?
    In all seriousness, try posting a question in Yahoo Answers. There seem to be quite a few mechanics there who seem to know what they are talking about. One of them diagnosed my van's steering problem that the local shop was clueless about. GL Momma!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That is weird we just traded our 2000 chevy blazer my husband had to wop it one to get th hood open
    sissy35

Answer by sissy35 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That's weird I would take it in the dealer and see if they can figure out what's wrong with it.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• lol i d/k but gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Is the release not releasing at all? That I don't know.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010