Would it be a good idea to spend alone time with each of my kids?

With a third baby coming I dont want to make my kids feel like Im forgetting them. I plan on spending time with all three and having group activities (though theres not much a newborn can do lol) and I want to have my other two 'help' out with the new baby but then I wonder would it be a good idea to spend one on one time with them too?

i remember hating being bunched up with my two older brothers and never spending alone time with my mom so i would compete for her attention which didnt work so i started doing 'bad' things for her attention (dad was hardly around) what do you moms think?

ShadowXX

Asked by ShadowXX at 10:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would set up time with each older child at least 1 day a week to do something they want to do with mom. maybe a movie or special after dinner treat. something they choose. baby will have most of your time cause it needs you the most as an infant. having that one on one will make your other children feel special.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I believe one on one time is great for your kids. Good luck with your new addition. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• How can spending time alone with each child be a bad thing? Of course, you should spend time alone with each child. I would do so every week or every 2 weeks. Something special to that child. A friend of mine has 3 kids and she does mommy and ____ time every 3 weeks. Her and her daughter get their nails done and have ice cream. With each of the boys, she does boy things or goes to a movie. The kids LOVE their special mommy and me time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes that's a good idea to spend time with each child...and also have family time..when you guys do things as a family...as for us i take two days out of a month to have mother and son time...and my DF do the same he gets two days out of the month to share dad and son time...then there's other time when we do stuff as a family...and it works out great!!!
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 10:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010