Scar?

I have a bad scar on my arm from a car wreck and it is very red and ugly. I have very fair skin, so it will most likely not fade much on it's own (I have other scars that have not faded, but they are not as prominent as this one). Any ideas on how to minimize it? I have tried a cocoa butter w/ vitamin E lotion already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• mederma will work to lighten it..
    Anonymous

• I hear Bio-Oil helps for scars. It's $11.99 at drugstores, and everyone that I know that's used it says it's a miracle worker.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• If has been six months since the accident buy you some Vitamin E OIL 25,000 IU if you can find it. Rub that oil into the entire length of the scare twice a day every day. Massage the oil in. Vit E is the cheapest thing that truly works. Mederma works..but it is very expensive. Esp for large scars. Massaging the Vit E oil in helps the oil to absorbs as well as helping to break down the scar tissue.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• get the capsules of liquid vitamin e and split them open - this will be alot of concentrated vitamin e on it and it should go away - if you go out into the sun put SPF 50 sunblock on it
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Burned my hand on the stove bad. Put Mederma on all the time and guess what? The scar disappeared. This is the best product cuz my burn was big and bad looking.........
    Anonymous