Laundry stains! Please help!? lol

I have the 3 youngest of all 5 girls in our family. My oldest sister passed down all her daughters' clothes to my second oldest sister. She then has passed all of them down to me and I have passed the clothes from each of my 3 daughters, (4yrs, 19 months and 6 months). The last bunch of clothes that I got are sooo sooo cute, but alot are stained up enough they can only be play clothes. Is there anything that gets out long set in stains?? Some of it is on whites but majority is on different colored stuff... My kids honestly don't stain things up, we're very careful since things have to last! lol So someone please give me some advice on set in stains!? If there's any chance it can be done anyways! LOL Thanks in advance!! :P

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Most times once they are dryed in the dryer, they are set in. Try Oxyclean. it works wonders.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Once the stain is set you can sometimes remove it with a paste made from Oxyclean or Borax and water. You might try mixing baking soda and vinegar on the stain too. If they have been laundered multiple times and the stains have been dried in the dryer they will be harder to remove.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• YOU CAN TRY AWSOME YOU CAN FIND IT AT THE DOLLAR STORE IT TAKES EVERYTHING OUT- ALSO TRY HYDROGEN PEROXIDE IT TAKES OUT PROTEIN- YOU KNOW OXY CLEAN WORKS TOO! HAPPY STAIN HUNTING~!
    charonnichole

Answer by charonnichole at 10:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010