For Moms who had C sections and then another pregnancy...

I had a C section with my son 2 years ago. I am now 4 weeks pregnant and already feeling sore in my uterus area. It is more of a dull ache than a cramp but I get little sharp pains on both sides too now and then. (I know for a fact that my incision wasn't cut long enough and the ends ripped a little and took the longest to heal.)
My question is, were you "sore" with your next pregnancy? Could it just be the scar?

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 10:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes! its sore, and it doesnt get better, my baby is almost 32 weeks and when she hits it its so awful sore like after i had the csectionscars are tender mine has always been never went away noww the stretching it feels more tender im sure not everyone will feel this way but i think its normal
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I was never sore from my scar and i got pregnant 3 months after my c-section. And I healed way faster after my second c section. Its been 6 weeks and my scar hasnt bothered me at all
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I'm 10 weeks pregnant now with my second after c/s I experienced pretty much the same thing from 4 - 6 weeks. I'd say it's pretty normal but, if it persists, contact a midwife or your doctor.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 10:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Its pretty common. Usually caused by scar adhesions. It might stop but it might also persist well into your pregnancy.
    we have a great support group on Cafe Mom if you are interested.

www.cafemom.com/group/1540
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i had three son and all three time i a cs and yes it hurt like hell my doc said that i can not have any more bc of the cs three is all i can have.
    ladydi121

Answer by ladydi121 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am 16 weeks pregnant now and had a c-section just over a year ago. I am having the same pains and my doctor said it may get worse for awhile but then should stop. I really hope that it does not last to long cause they can really hurt. I hope that everything goes well for you and I hope that you start to feel better soon.
    Mrs.Apple

Answer by Mrs.Apple at 11:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010