Is adultery always grounds for a divorce? What would be considered adultery?

Is watching porn considered adultery?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Adultery to me is a husband having relations with someone OTHER than his spouse, and VICE VERSA. If my DH did that, to divorce court we would go. Porn is not adultery. It's pictures of naked women, and I could care less if DH looks at that once in a while. Hell I've looked at it too, lol.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't think it's grounds for divorce if both parties can agree to work past it. So many cannot work it out.

As for porn, I don't think it's adultery but I do think that if 1 party has an issue with it, then it shouldn't be part of the relationship.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• no, i dont think watching porn is adultry in a normal healthy relationship, i even let my hubby go to the sstrip club with his friends once in a while. i think that having intercourse or even kissing another woman would be grounds for me to get divorced.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think as long as there is no touching sex or kissing or foreplay then it it not considered adultry.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I do think that adultery is ground of divorce. Does it always have to result in divorce? No I think that it can be worked through. Adultery in my book is participating in any sexual act with someone other than your wife outside of you marriage. I don't think that porn is considered adultery. It may not be okay in your marriage but I do not think that it is the right definition for adultery and I certainly do not think that it is grounds for divorce.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• : voluntary sexual intercourse between a married man and someone other than his wife or between a married woman and someone other than her husband; also : an act of adultery

That is the definition of Adultery....watching porn is NOT adultery.

But Adultery is grounds for divorce provided that neither party wants to work things out.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• It is when a spouse puts something else, any addiction any relationship before the other spouse......my first husband was addicted to drugs, he put that before our marriage and that severed the vows....according to our pastor. He also had told me that when there is adultery or addiction, something that takes a spouse away from the marriage and the vows....the vows are severed and the marriage is void
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• NO I LOVE PRON-MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY WATCHING SOME THAT HAS A WOMAN AS THE DIRECTOR- THERE IS A DIFFERENCE- BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY TO MAKE A NIGHT OF IT WITH YOUR HUBBY- YOU NEVER KNOW ~
    charonnichole

Answer by charonnichole at 10:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I do not consider anything which is not physical contact adultery... And even at that you know my views on sex outside the marriage... Unless he actually has sex with someone AND hides it from me, I don't see it as cheating, nor would I see it as grounds for divorce. However, if he hid it from me or lied to me about it I would see that as cheating/adultery because he felt he was doing something which went against our marriage (if he didn't he wouldn't hide it). But I don't know that I would see that as grounds for divorce... It would definitely mean somethings needed work though.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Porn is not adultery, if anything it's lust which is a whole 'nother can of worms as my grandma used to say. Adultery is having sexual relations with someone other than your husband or wife.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010