Homeschool?

Do any of you Homeschool?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 10:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm homeschooling. My oldest will be 5 in October, so this is the first year I'm "officially" homeschooling him. I started last year, but wasn't actually keeping him out of school until now. Schools here don't start until after labor day and I haven't started yet either, he seems to have forgotten a lot over the summer and I'm feeling a little anxiety right now. But I'm also excited and I'm sure it will all work out.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes, we do
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I wanted to but with 4 kids under 5, my husband felt I was trying to do it all and was afraid I would feel overwhelmed....we let our son start school 3 weeks ago and he is LOVING it! He did a month of summer school to try it out and he learned so much that I didn't realize he was ready for! Since school has started, he got star student he's got a few friends he talks about constantly and they get to do all kinds of neat things. Although we also moved to the city we are in just for the school district. I am so glad for it now! I could never have kept up with all he is learning at school, ran my household and dealt with what my 4 yr old needs to be learning and my 19 month old and 6 month old.... It would have been far too much for me - even more so because I'm going back to school soon as well! Good Luck!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I have home-schooled our oldest, and plan on HS'ing our youngest too.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes, we do.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I just meant I have to work, and my schedule is daylight. Maybe when the time comes I'll be able to switch shifts and be with him during the day. It would be nice!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We home schooled our two oldest children from 1989-2009 & started K4 & K5 this year with our two youngest.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Nope I would love to but my husband would never agree to it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My son is too young for school yet, and homeschooling isn't financially feasible for us. On the other hand, I am looking into Montessori. It seems pretty good.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010