need wedding advice??

My fiance just enlisted into the army and will be leaving in January. We are wanting to get married before he goes. We have been together 7 years and have a son together. I recently lost my job so we have no extra cash. So Im looking for some cute wedding ideas the cost next to nothing. Any one have any advice?

NicoleAnn26

Asked by NicoleAnn26 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Start at your local craft store Michaels or Joannes. They have a fantastic array of wedding paraphernalia that is inexpensive.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Backyard BBQ. Instead of asking for gifts, you could ask that everyone bring a covered dish.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I got my "bouquet" at Michaels (single silk roses in different colors that I tied together with some ribbon) for about $1 each flower. If you have a friend who is a licensed minister, you can have them officiate the ceremony, and you can do it anywhere you want. I like the idea of the BBQ too. Make it pot luck, and maybe have a small little "prize" for best dish/most creative dish/whatever.
    Tink0711

Answer by Tink0711 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think we will be able to pull off a cute little outdoor wedding. My Great Aunt is a Minister and I think is going to do it for free. But i was looking into a reception and cant aford to rent out anywhere. And In october it might be a little too chilly out for a bbq but that is a great idea thank you. Kind of thought about reserving the back room at a bar in town, but I will feel terrible because then my son wouldnt be able to be there at all and my fiances sister is only 20 and would be left out as well. Thank you for your suggestions. I will have to look into them.
    NicoleAnn26

Comment by NicoleAnn26 (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010