Do you think less of people who are on un-employment?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. I have a friend who says to me, why should I look? They are paying me plenty. Then right around the time the extensions are running out, she starts to look, and then, if they pass the extensions, she blows off the interview.

I know she's done this at two separate interviews I personally have set up. In that case, absolutely, I think it's disgusting.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• As long as they're trying to find a job, nope.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No, things happen and sometime people need help. I think less of people who have a habit of living off the system (welfare in general) for extended periods of time. Its not there for you to live off of its there to help you get back on your feet. Like I said its help not a way of life
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No. I think less of a government who continues to extend funding (and it's parameters) for entitlement programs when we are
    B R O K E........
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• no..they(by working) and their employer paid into the program, right? do i think some people probably milk it and needlessly extend it? yes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Nope, I never think less of anyone. You always have to stop and think that one day you could be in that persons shoes.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No...why would I?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Depends on the person.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• No not at all, you dont just get unemployment for the heck of it, you had to have been laid off. If you were fired then you dont get it. UE is there for those people who are thrust into a crappy situation and still need to pay their bills while finding a new job.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Chances are, they paid in more than they will take out. The program exists to help working people. I'm fine with it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2010