Do you think God minds if you kill your self?

Or are you going to hell?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Any 'god' that would want someone suffering in agony 24 hrs a day is no god that deserves worship. Many illnesses are terminal, with constant pain.
    Anyone that would punish someone for ending their own pain deserves no prayers.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• hhhmmm....let's think...thou shalt not kill...pretty sure it means what it says...including if it's yourself.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i don't see God appreciating you doing terminal harm to your body. that being said, if you have a terminal illness, and you're having a terrible time living, where death would be a welcome reprieve, i don't see Him minding that, though. but, as i've said before, i'm not God and cannot say 100% what He would think.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think people that kill themselves are already going through hell before they die. I don't believe in "hell" anyway.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Yes He minds. You are a precious gift to those around you whether you believe it or not. God brought you into the world for a purpose and you need to trust Him in that. Times can be tough but we all get through it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't believe in hell.... And I believe in a loving, understanding God, who doesn't get angry or vindictive, but who is feels our misery with us. So I don't believe suicide is a sin, even if its something He would rather us not do. Being all knowing and compassionate, I'm sure He understands, no matter how much it must sadden Him...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I think our lives are gifts from God so of course he cares if we kill ourselves. I do not believe in hell though.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• uh...duh...yeah

There is a commandment against killing. It doesn't say - you shall not kill others...it says you shall not kill...PERIOD

God gave you the gift of life and only he has the right to take that gift away when he calls you home
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Don't do it
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I don't think I believe in Hell. I also think that a lot of people who kill themselves intentionally have psychological problems which prevent them to fully realize what they're doing, and I think God would understand that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2010