Do you have a cleaning schedule? Is your house clean?

I seriously can not get it together. Can you tell me what you do to keep a home clean. Not perfectly, just clean. I mean do you wash on a certain day? Or clean floors or bathrooms when they need it. Or do it every week. I am freaking clueless as to how to keep up with the mess. I am so unmotivated. Duh!

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I clean EVERYTHING every day, which is floors, bathrooms, laundry, vacuuming, etc. Then I keep up as I go! It is the easiest way to keep it up! But I am a little OCD, so I cant stand any mess....LOL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• LOL...what is a clean house?

We both work full time, there are 2 kids, and between school, work, and sports....cleaning is the last of my worries

I do laundry 2-3x a week, and dishes daily, and vacuuming 1x a week. Otherwise....fuck it. Life is too short to worry about something no one ever sees.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• laughing

Not really! But to keep up my motivation I invite guests for dinner at least twice a week so I have to keep a tidy house.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• We don't really have a schedule as in days that we do things, though I know a lot of friends who do. We all four work together daily to do things. Usually when I go to bed at night all of the dishes are clean, the laundry is caught up and the house is picked up. The only thing we need to do more is sweep and mop.
    You can go to flylady and she has some GREAT tips for keeping the house clean.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I tidy, do dishes, vacuum, and sweep everyday. I do laundry as each load is filled usually once daily. I have a cleaing lady that comes every Monday to clean the bathrooms and mop and all that good stuff. I can't stand a dirty house!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I straighten up as I go along. I do have a day for laundry, either Thurs or Fri evening/night....and I find I am able to keep my home in order and presentable by not having so much stuff...that way its easier to clean when its time or sometimes does not look like it needs to be cleaned.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• the most important thing I do is to clean the little messes as I go. I wash the dishes as I am cooking- things like that.
    My schedule is something like this: Mon- sweep, dust, mop, make beds, vacuum, clean bathrooms
    Tues- sweep, dust, mop, make beds, vacuum, do laundry, clean fridge
    Wed- sweep, dust, mop, make beds, vacuum, clean baseboards
    Thursday, sweep, dust, mop, make beds, vauum, clean bathrooms
    Fri- sweep, dust, mop, make beds, vacuum, do laundry, clean out cabinets
    I never let things get out of control
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope and, yep, my house is clean. BUT we just moved here a few weeks ago and it was pretty clean when we moved in. In the almost 3 weeks we've been here I've managed to unpack just about all the boxes or store them in the garage as needed. But we have almost no furniture so there isn't anywhere to put a lot of the stuff (like me and hubby's clothes...they are in rubbermaid tubs in our closet because we have no dressers).
    I keep the dishwasher loaded during the day and turn it on at night then put away the clean stuff when I get up and I keep the kitchen clean. The kids have to keep their crap in their rooms so it's not all over the house. For everything else I clean when I notice things need to be cleaned and I do laundry when we run out of clean clothes AND we have the money (have to use the laundromat).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I love the multi-story house- The main level shines- the others are just ok!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• There is a good site with schedules for cleanign if you have a hard time staying on track. It is flylady.com. Don't sign up for emails, though, you'll start getting like 4 or 5 a day. I got 11 in one day! But, it will help you get motivated!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010