is my child above average?

my baby is 15 months old and can stack 12 small blocks in a tower , poit out almost every animal and object in her books , say most words and knows how to turn the stereo , tv and comp on. is she really smart or am i just delusional

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 11:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She sounds pretty smart, you must spend a lot of time with her.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My son was the same way i also thought he was ahead of his time.. i think babies can do so much more then when parent think and some people wouldn't let a 15 month old child near a tv or dvd player.. so how would we know if they can learn to turn it on you know??? i let my son explore A LOT! of course i watched him close but its amazing what these kiddies can do if we let them.. dont get me wrong!! i not saying to let your kids do whatever you can let them explore safely!
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• my son did those same things at that age (although he loved to stack soup cans rather than blocks until they were taller than himself) His Ped. has always said that he acts older than his age. I dont consider it advanced though because those are the things he has taken most interest in. Other kids might be better at other things.
    (He is 2 now and flat out refuses to learn his colors. He knows any word, is speaking full sentences and can recognize all of his abcs though.)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2010