If you don't believe in Hell, do you believe in Heaven?

I have read several posts where people state that they don't believe in Hell. I am curios to learn about other's beliefs, soo please share . . .

blessedwithree

Asked by blessedwithree at 11:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't understand how you can believe in Heaven and NOT believe in Hell. I'd love to think that everyone goes to heaven when we die and all will be great and rosy for everyone, but that's just not the case. Hell is very very real and hopefully the ones going to Heaven will WAY outnumber the ones who are not. For me, Heaven awaits and I look forward to going there someday and it WILL be great and rosy for me, but for those who do not believe in Jesus Christ as their savior, it will be a sad shock in the end. I'm also curious to know - for those who believe in heaven and not hell - what do those people think happens to the "bad" people who don't make it to heaven?
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Nope. I believe in reincarnation with an eventual "ascension" to a heaven like place, but no Heaven or Hell in the way most people think of.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Don't believe in either.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I believe in Heaven and Hell.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I believe in an afterlife where you go and it's probably heaven-like, in that there is no pain, fear, hunger, etc. I don't believe in a place of eternal punishment.

I believe we experience the punishment for our poor decisions and behaviors in our lives and that our Creator, by whatever name you choose to accept it, would not be so cruel as to punish someone eternally for a temporary behavior.

Put it this way - when your child colors on the walls, it has a lasting effect, but do you lock them in their room for the rest of their lives? Of course not! So why would our Eternal Parent do the same?
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• the Jewish faith doesn't believe in hell. i don't believe in either one. i do believe in God but i believe he is here on earth and that is where our energy remains when we die, watching over our loved ones
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I believe in both. Considering they are both referenced in the bible
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i dont believe in hell, i believe that those that God chooses will live on earth perfecting it and the wicked will be cut off.
    ---------

Matthew 7:13-14 (New American Standard Bible)

13" Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
    14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
    -----------------------------------------------

Psalm 37:34 (New American Standard Bible)

34(A)Wait for the LORD and keep His way,
    And He will exalt you to inherit the land;
    When the (B)wicked are cut off, you will see it.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I don't believe in either.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:58 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I know many that don't believe in hell but more of a jail where you serve so much time according to sins than you move to heaven, I personally don't believe this, but to each their own.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 3, 2010