What about the legal benefits of marriage? Sure if you want to keep your religious definition of marriage and restrict who can participate, fine. But I'm talking about going down to the court and the legal contract involved.
So what about the following benefits:
- Visiting your spouse in a hospital intensive care unit or during restricted visiting hours in other parts of a medical facility.
- Making medical decisions for your spouse if he or she becomes incapacitated and unable to express wishes for treatment.
- Consenting to after-death examinations and procedures.
- Making burial or other final arrangements.
- Receiving child support, child custody, and visitation if you separate.
What do any of these have to do with gender, monogamy, or sex? Why would you deny these to anyone?
Answer by KariLyn84 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2010
Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2010
Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2010
Answer by pinkdena at 11:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010
Answer by gertie41 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010
Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2010
Answer by UpSheRises at 9:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2010
Answer by tnmomofive at 8:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010
Answer by meriana at 11:45 AM on Sep. 3, 2010
Next question overall
(Just for Fun)
What Is The BEST payback You Ever Gave To Your EX!