my son has tubes and its been alomost a year but he keeps cryong and saying ouch all the time took him to urgent care and they say he is fine.. any suggestins

Truelv21

Asked by Truelv21 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son has tubes in his ears also. We tried the drops that are given after the surgery and they didn't work so we had to get a different drop that has an antibiotic and a steroid to help with the inflammation and the pain. They seem to work pretty well. I don't know if you've tried that but maybe it's another option.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:12 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Stop going to urgent care and make him an appointment with an ENT.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Has he had any follow up visits with the doctor that put the tubes in his ears? It is still possible for your son to get ear infections. The ENT doctor can give you drops for your sons ears.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• How old is he? Is it possible that he's teething? Children often think it's their ears that are the source of the pain when teething. What did the ENT doc say?
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Get a second option, there is a reason why this child is feeling discomfort. That is what I would do. You are his mom and you know him the best, plus you said he is always happy. Nobody wants our babies in pain.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• momom23 he has had appt. with the ent and thoese drops dont work either . i wonder if the can be taken out
    Truelv21

Comment by Truelv21 (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• he is 21 months old.. he has all but his wisdom teeth. and his dr said it would go away but i feel so bad nothing works and he so fuss and its not him.hes always so happy
    Truelv21

Comment by Truelv21 (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I dont trust urgent care. my son was sick so took him after hours and they ... they are just bad. u might get the recommendation you need but the doctors dont seem to care. idk are they doing it probono? idk. make an app. with his reg doctor... thats what i did when i didnt know how to handle the recommendation from the urgent care doc. my doctor mapped it out explained it and make sure i was well aware of what is going on -what i can do - etc.

if ur doc doesnt do this you should find another doctor imo!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010