Letting DD sleep on floor

In the past couple of weeks, my DD has been either falling or getting out of her toddler bed and sleeping on the floor. If I catch it, I'll put her back in her bed, but she usually ends up on the floor anyway. My husband said he saw her on the floor, but just let her stay there. She did wake up in the middle of the night and came to our room, so I walked her back to her room and put her in bed.

My question is, should we just let her sleep on the floor? She has been going to daycare, and they sleep on mats on the floor. I keep her carpet very clean, because she rolls around and plays on it. Is there really any harm in it??

redmoonintexas

Asked by redmoonintexas at 11:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nope. All of my kids have slept on the floor at some point in their lives. It doesn't hurt them. I always try to put them in their bed if I see they are on the floor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It is a phase and soon enough she wont be doing it anymore. My DD went through the same thing and on occassion still does it if she cannot find room on our bed in the middle of the night. (me, hubby and our dog seems to take up alot of room, lol) There is no harm and as long as she is actually getting some sleep and not hurting herself or anyone or anything, she is fine.
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 12:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i was going to ask the same question about my dd she does the same thing. she pulls all the blankets off her bed and lays down on the floor and goes to sleep. i have just been leaving her there i figure its just a phase.
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 12:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My son will not fall asleep in his bed, if we put him in his bed, he will move to the floor LOL silly boy. My son will be 3 Sept 14th. I usually will let him fall asleep and put him into his bed when I go to bed. He also has a safety first rail on the bed( his bed is a twin) Before the floor he was obsessed with falling asleep in the cozy chair in his room. From 3 weeks to 6 months he slept in the swing. The reason I move him from the floor/chair to bed is so he gets used to the bed. :-) Good luck!
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 12:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• every so often my boys still do this and they are 4 &8. neither have been to daycare. I let them
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:12 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We put the mattress on the floor since DD moves aorund so much and I don't want her to fall too far.

The floor should be fine.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:12 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would just make her a pallett on the floor and let her sleep there for now. Maybe she will get a better nights sleep.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My 19 month old does this. She doesn't sleep well at night and often wakes up her 4 yr old sister. It got to the point that our oldest daughter has been sleeping in the playroom so we can close the bedroom door at night. She would literally get up and wander about the house. She'd wake her sister up, then she'd try and wake her brother up- who just started Kindergarten. We had to be able to shut her door- of course with in a few days she's learned to open it anyways.... but often now I find her sleeping on the floor. She'll pull her pillow and gloworm down with her, sometimes she'll go sleep in her sisters bed. My 19 mo old sleep in a toddler bed and my 4 yr old has a twin size, used to be top bunk bed. Often I would find my little one climbed in bed with her and sleeping peacefully, whereas other nights she would sit on her head, or push her out of bed... We're contemlating a bigger bed?! lol Good luck, it's frustrating!!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Maybe she's more comfortable on the floor.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Thank YOU i just asked this question yesterday, guess its the in place to be :)
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 8:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010