when do you think you should go public about being pregnant?

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 12:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• After the first trimester is finished. The risk of miscarriage is too high before then.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Whenever you're ready to =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• When you want to... With our first two we were about 7 or 8 weeks along when we went "public." With this one we waited but mostly because there wasn't anyone to tell... lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Depends. If you think people won't be happy for you, keep it a secret a while, if you're not sure, start with a close friend or sibling- have them go with you when breaking the news to others. It's your secret. Although if you're worried about a possible miscarraige, my sister waited til 3 months- she miscarried a few- but the chance of losing it dros 75% after the first trimester. Good Luck. :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think after the first prenatal appointment...but whenever you're comfortable of telling!
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• 1st one i told when i found out but then had a miscarraige, sooo this one i waited till i was 15 weeks n knew everything was goin great b4 we told!....n im 19 weeks 5 days now!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 12:08 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i had a few people tell me i was stupid for telling when i found out and i was only 4 weeks but thats cause i was told i couldnt have kids at all!!!! i was just too happy to keep quiet!
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• depends on the person....when I feel things are going to "stick"
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i told a few people when i first found out. work didnt know till i was farther along. it depends on who public is. family knew pretty much the same time i did. i couldnt hide that from them. but as always, after the daddy, my best friend was the first to know. she was the first to know with all my pregnancies
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my hubby was like the last to know cause he is deployed. still is : (
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Sep. 3, 2010