Are your tubes tied?

Ok, so after i had my last baby i decided i didnt want any more so i decided to have a tubal ligation. Before i had this procedure my periods were some what regular but rarely had cramps. Since i had it done on the 1st 2 days of my peroid i have terrible cramps, back pain and feel naucious (sp?) . I was just wondering if anyone else had this this procedure and if you feel the same way. When i say they are bad i mean really bad! Like i have to talk 4 pamperin to even be able to get out of bed. I dont know what to do. HELP!!

CoreyLynn

Asked by CoreyLynn at 3:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Health

• M y periods were heavier after my c-section/tubal, but not as painful as before. Talk to your doctor if they are affecting your life.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• if you were on bcpills before the tubal, the pills probably made your periods easier. Now you dont need the pills, and periods suck-women forget they suck after being on the pill for years and years.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My periods changed after getting the tubal, yes. Mine are inconsistent in their changes though. Some months, I get horrendous cramps, others none at all. They aren't regular for months at a time, and then for a few months, they'll be like clockwork. Sometimes heavy, sometimes light. Before my tubal, I was very regular, minor cramping, 4 days and I was done. If it is really unbearable for you, talk to your dr. Mine put me on bc for a bit to try to regulate, it did help while I was on it. I've also heard that exercise can help ease the pain of cramps, and some yoga positions. I take hot baths and it helps for a bit. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I agree with jewjewmom...
    I had mine done3 years ago, and I have the same symptoms as you. But I was on the pill most of the time before getting it done.
    kimsamomof3

Answer by kimsamomof3 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i was not on the pill....ever. so i dont know what this is all about! i get worried and think i am one of the unlucky few who get the bad side effects. like the cysts and things along those lines so i am scared to go to the doc!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 9:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2008