how old was you baby when you put them in a toddler bed?

I am wanting to get a toddler bed for my daughter. the one with the rails on the side so she wont fall off. she is only one though, but she knows how to get on and off of my bed without hurting herself or falling. Just wondering what ya'll think. and what age did your child have a toddler bed?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put dd in one at 13 mos....... She LOVED it! Only fell out once and climbed back in. Her favorite part was having the freedom to get out and in when she wanted! It was a LOT easier putting her to bed until she reached 21 mos. But I could lay with her and read books... She adored her bed.... Now at almost 3, we moved and she sleeps with me until her daddy can move down to be with us.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I got my son one when he was 18 months old and my daughter one when she was just over age 2.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• she was 2 we waited longer than i wanted but she co slept never did sleep in her crib, she is 3 now and will be getting a big girl bed after first of the year, she will be 4 in Feb
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 12:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If your baby is in a crib right now and can climb out of it, then you need to switch to a toddler bed now. If she's never in a crib and has always slept in your bed, you can try a toddler bed but she may not willingly do it because she's probably too used to beigng in bed with you. You may want to try having her bed next to yours and gradually move it to her own room. Be aware that she will be free to roam the house so make sure she can't hurt herself if she gets up and you are asleep.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i was almost 3 when my dad put me in one... i say when your child is able to sleep all the way though the night without the need to get out of bed
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 12:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• as soon as they started walking.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• it was pretty easy. they were used to it within a week. you just have to be consistant with it. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• he was around 2. my step daughter was around two also. what we did for my son was his crib changed into a toddler bed, so we basicly just took one side off and added small rails. he didn't have a problem because it was the same bed, and i closed the door to his room until he was asleep, then opened it again. so i didn't have a problem with him wandering out at night.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 12:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My son is 21 months and is still in his crib. I am thinking at 2 we will get his toddler bed. I am really nervous about it though. He has always slept through the night, but hes a wild man and wont sleep anywhere but his crib. Im worried if we switch he will never lay down in it to go to bed. And our bedrooms are all upstairs so then I worry about him getting into things as well.
    NicoleAnn26

Answer by NicoleAnn26 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• did it take them a while to adjust to it?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Comment by Lovin_mybaby5 (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2010