Is your DH or SO so involved in racing that it comes first before you?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Both my Grandparents and my in laws almost ended in divorce due to racing. Luckily, both were able to work it out. It is like an addiction, especially when it becomes a financial issue. Personally, my DH is very involved with racing (the home track here) and I love it. His Mom (who hates racing due to her almost failed marriage) takes our son and he works/I watch on race nights. If I ever asked him to not go, he would not go but it would seriously strain our relationship and I could NEVER take away something that he loves so much. It is a good thing for your DH to be passionate about something. What about it makes you feel that he puts it at a higher priority than you?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope..DH is always there for his family now! He use to put packer games above us...but we had to deal with that issue last year...lol. I let him watch his games..but he also understands not to get an attitude when things don't turn out like he thinks they should on us!
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not racing, hunting. He is a big deer hunter! I always joke from Aug until Jan 1st that I am a whitetail widow! lol it stinks!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• What is wrong with people? I had to laugh out loud at the woman who first posted about her perfect little life. Why even bother answering then? This woman is looking for support not some holier-than-thou person to brag about how she doesnt share the same problem.....ugh.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No, nothing comes before my dh's wife and kids. Hw loves spendng time with us and races home from work everyday and tells us everyday he loves and misses us while at work.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010