when you see someone has a lot of kids... something that makes you say all those are hers what do you think? when is it too many kids? do you feel bad when you see them struggle for money as well?

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 12:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• the OP can correct me but what I think she is trying to say is when she sees single mothers where she lives and they have quite a few young children with them and are known to be assisted by public assistance to care for their children, no fathers are involved and these women struggle to take care of their children but somehow they still do not learn responsibility...but are still good Mothers...they just do not get it when it comes to being responsible so they place themselves in this life of struggling to survive.....so the OP feels something  for these women but does not judge them.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think if someone wants to have alot of children they should be responsible in taking care of them. Having them, than having some difficulties placed before you in life and having to struggle thru life is fine, but having them irresponsible continously and not doing anything to take care of them and expecting others to always be there to take care of them is not right..

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I don't think anything of it. Doesn't bother me is someone has one child or twelve children. It's their life and family. I have a big family (aunts, uncles, and cousins). So it's no shocker to me when someone has more then two children (lots of my family members have more then four children).
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 12:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think that they have been blessed with a lot of children. If it seems they are struggling then I feel sorry for them and say prayers.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I used to do daycare when my girls were little and well i had 5 kids under 5...people used to come up to me and make all sorts of comments and what not...I hate judgement to this day and that is one of the reasons why!! also when I was 16 I used to walk around with my baby nephew and people would give me those dirty looks like I was a slut because i was walking with a baby.people need to stop ASSuming things they see
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i feel no sympathy for parents who seem to not stop having kids when they start to have problems keeping food on the table or clothes on their backs. i think if you cant afford to take care of them then you should be having anymore kids (OP)

Well...what if they can't afford birth control either? What if their insurance doesn't cover it? What if the husband/boyfriend or whatever is abusive and controlling and is keeping the woman pregnant because they don't want her to stray? Maybe before you pass judgement on someone you should get to the bottom of the facts. Especially since you seem to show such interest in strangers lives. Or maybe it's none of your business and maybe you should just not let it effect your life.

GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:09 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I don't judge other's family size. You never know, they could have been millionaires and then lost everything after they already had the kids. Also I don't judge because the Bible tells us it is wrong and I certainly wouldn't want someone judging me or telling me how many I should have. It works both ways.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think you should judge ppl based solely upon seeing someone who has more kids than you would want.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If you carry that kind of resentment for others then you are hurting yourself and blocking joy for yourself. Your thinking should be more of how can I help this person? Regardless of how or why the woman ended up with a lot of kids its not your place to judge. The Bible says judge not, least ye be judged.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:05 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If everyone was that judgemental then the world would be very very miserable. You don't know a person's whole situation. And even if you do know the whole situation, its still not right to judge. What is the U.S. decided to not help out Africa and some other 3rd world countries where they have many chilren? Are you saying its okay for those children to die of hunger and disease? If everyone had that mentality then it would be a very cruel and sad world everywhere.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2010