Good exercise video to include a toddler?

I am looking for something to try that my son might enjoy as well - I know nothing about exercise videos, lol. I am guessing he would like anything with music, and will be amused at me jumping around. But I thought I'd ask in case you ladies had one that your toddler enjoyed too, or could even participate in. I know they do mom and me yoga - something like that maybe?

I've just lost a bunch of weight and I need to start toning because my body shape is starting to get wierd. I have back problems so I can't do anything high impact. I guess I need more toning, less cardio? Does that even make sense?

getrealmama

Asked by getrealmama at 1:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My dd likes Elmo's exercise video. Its a lot of bouncing and jumping around. You might also try the Wiggles, kids love dancing to that.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My guess is that he will like them all. I would make him his own little set of whatever you need for the video. My middle child always wanted to do the Wii fit, but was too little, so we made a canvas board into a Wii balance board for him. We just used markers and made it look like the real one. I would also make him some little weights and such too. Maybe get him a little sweat band for his head and his own water bottle.

He will LOVE working out with you then.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Elmo has an exercise video?!? OMG he will be so excited. I am hoping to get him into it too, since his dad and I are both heavy. He isn't at all overweight now but he is certainly genetically predisposed to it. The more exercise i can give him, the better. I don't want him to hate it the way I did when I was younger.
    getrealmama

Comment by getrealmama (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My kids LOVED doing my Walk Away the Pounds with me! It's for adults, but they had a blast trying to keep up... I would turn down the volume on the TV and turn up some music and we would "walk" together.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:23 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yeah its been out for years. Its called Elmocise. Its dirt cheap too. I paid $5 for it at Walmart I belive or Target.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Netflix has Elmocize. Genius, thanks! I will look into others too. If I were more creative I could just dance with him to the radio, but I run out of stuff to do, lol. And he doesn't need to learn my 80's dance moves.
    getrealmama

Comment by getrealmama (original poster) at 1:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My kids love any of my dance workouts (they have a bunch to instant stream on netflix)
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2010