17 yr old slept with 14 yr old.... adult content

Just found out my 17 yr old nephew is having sex with a 14 yr old girl..... My brother's girlfriend is close with the boy's mom but doesn't want to tell her. She thinks it would just stress her out more. I'm not on good terms with the mom because she decided to stop parenting recently and decided to focus more on her dating life, but I still think she should know the whole truth. Should I call her or just hope my brother's gf does the right thing? If it were your 17 yr old son out there, wouldn't you want to know the whole truth??

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Based on what you're saying I don't think his mother will even care if she knew.
    If it was nephew I'd talk to him about the situation just as MomIWant suggested.
    You know his mother isn't parenting and I highly doubt knowing this is going to change things.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i don't know, she might not like you telling her that. she might be embarrest and then blame you, maybe you should talk to your nephew first and warn him what happens to guys who have sex with girls underage.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 1:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i would like to know just in case the 14yrs old girl gets pregnant
    DoughGirl1985

Answer by DoughGirl1985 at 1:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't call, but that is me. Not my business. If you do, you're likely going to cause a whole lot of drama with yourself on center stage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I personally wouldn't get involved because its not my children involved. Let the teens parents who are involved do the parenting, even if they are doing a poor job of it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:18 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not your child, not your business.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If it was me, and I was close to my nephew, I would talk to him not the parents. I would just make sure he is looking at this from all angles (some states have statutory laws about sex with anyone under 15), offering an ear without judging. Good Luck to you!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Blame me for what??? LOL I live two hrs away and have nothing to do with her fucking up her boy's lives.....
    KariLyn84

Comment by KariLyn84 (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Oh I have no actual intention of calling. Quite frankly, thats what she gets for deciding not to be a mom to her 3 boys. 21 yr old quadripelegic, 18 yr old borderline alcoholic and drug abusing, and 17 yr old kid whose lost 5 male role models all in a two yr time period.... When her boys needed her most, she gave up on them. Thus the reason her and I do not speak anymore....
    KariLyn84

Comment by KariLyn84 (original poster) at 1:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• meh reality will not factor in if she take the gravity of actions her child is engaging in. i have known people to put blame on others for the weirddddest shit. even if u are far away you could still catch some heat. Idk if i would call... my son is 2. i realize that while i would have said i would immediately tell before i had kids. now having kids there is so much i have learned that goes with being a parent. while we think the woman should know - rightfully someone should tell her if she is not watching her daughter and/or doesnt know... but causing bad blood is bad
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2010