anyone not having a babyshower?

if not are you doing anything else instead?
im not but i started a reg, one of my friends said she would throw one for me but has since moved away and has not mentioned it again, so i wont be having one, but before that happend i had startd a reg, but now im thinking if people ask what i waould like, i will tell the the reg is a wish list. do you think thats ok?

otoole

Asked by otoole at 1:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Definitely ok and especially if you are a first-time mom. Your mom or MIL should be the ones throwing you a shower.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• thank you, unfortunitly, my mom and family are all living in ireland and my mil lives in texas. people in ireland don't know what a babyshower is and his mom, well she doesn't seem to act like there is a baby on the way, he says shes just relaxed like that. makes me worry alil thow, he says she prob wont come when the baby is born either. what type of granmom is she?? i shouldn't judge. but its her first granchild and my husband is her only child, so thats why i can't understand that part, but whatver i am just trying to stay positive.
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am only a few weeks pregnant, but I am certain that I won't have one with this one. Our families live quit a bit away from us. I am sure that family members will put something in the mail, but a babyshower this time around more than likely won't be happening.
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 5:19 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not really. We are going to do a welcome home party instead.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 9:58 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Oh should have read all of your OP. Yes is it perfectly fine to tell people.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 9:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I only had one for my first. For us there was no reason to have any more. But we do make wish lists. So those that ask we what we need. We are not trying to sit there and think about it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i didn't have one for either of my babies. my mom was the only once who bought anything for my baby. my dad and step mom live 2 hours away, and they came up and saw them and that was it. the rest of my family never did anything. my mom or i bought anything the baby needed.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 11:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• thanks ladies for your support, nice to have it. makes me feel better :)
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not this time....I got two for my third baby and fourth baby! I didn't have one for my first or second child so my mom and sisters made it up to me for the third child and the fourth child we were stationed overseas so my girlfriends through that one for me.
    bv4sons

Answer by bv4sons at 3:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010