Would you pay for this class?

The local hospital has a childbirth class (it's all day on Saturday and includes lunch and snack) for expecting parents.

So, when you were expecting your first baby would you have paid an extra $5 to learn how to correctly pick out, install and secure the child as well as keeping the child safe while traveling? It would go over basics of car seat installations, benefits of extended rear facing, correct use of restraints, car seat no-nos and more. There would also be a tech available to come out and double-check the car seat upon discharge from the hospital. The class would be an hour or two. There would also be hand-outs and hands-on experience with an infant carrier or other seat.

marywilliams

Asked by marywilliams at 1:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, I would.....
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• eeeerrrmmm probably not for myself - thinking if it was my first child. def not Now lol. only because my mom worked at the hospital and got discounts on that sort of thing
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• if i was a 1st time mom, i would have definitely taken that course.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• if it 's 5 bucks and for first time parents, yes! First time parents are next to clueless! lol. It's very important stuff, no matter how "basic" it would seem.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 1:48 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• YES because they say 3 out of 4 carseats aren't installed correctly!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes I would definitely take it
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nawwww. My kids were born 26 and 22 years ago. A basic car seat was all we ever had. No rear facing thing existed back then. The kids were actually out and seatbelted by the time they were about three.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Ours was free
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:25 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would have if they had a class like that. as far as I know, they didn't, but I had a gazillion baby books, so I knew what I was doing.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 2:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yes but babies r us has this classs for free!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 3:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2010