home remedies or easy or natural ways to remove a wart?

The thing just refuses to go away! I have a commom wart on my hand about the size of a pencil eraser head and ds has one on the bottom of his toe that is about the size of a nickel and we've tried otc remedies and nothings working. Plus some of them burn ds and he cries.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• get a bottle of pure vitamin c from the vitamin aisle at the store. crush the tablets into a fine powder, add a tiny bit a water and mix to a paste consistency, apply it to the wart and put a band aid over it to keep the vitamin c there
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have used colloidal silver. This was purchased at the health food store. I saturated a gauze pad and taped in on my foot. After a few days, the wart actually fell out. Dr. Oz suggested a piece of silver duct tape. Keep the wart covered. The tape will smother the wart.(So he says)
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 3:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well, IDK about yours, but the only thing that worked for me was Dr. Scholls. I had to put it on WAY longer than it said to, but it finally fell off. Now, for your son's, my DD just had one that would NOT go away. I tried the freeze off, dr. scholls, etc. NOTHING worked. Luckily she just started preschool, and had to wear shoes all day. It went away on it's own. I'd been trying to get her to wear shoes so that I could put duct tape on it. Supposedly, as many people have said, if you put a small piece of duct tape on it, leave it there for a week. When you rip it off, the middle part will come out with it. DD kept taking hers off, so IDK if it really works. Good luck!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've heard that all the above remedies work. You can also cover the wart with duct tape; I know it sounds weird but it's the only thing that worked for me ... even after seeing my doctor 3 times (twice to try to freeze it off, once to try to burn it off) and a podiatrist (who prescribed salicylic acid to try to burn it off) - darn thing just wouldn't go away until I upped my Vitamin C intake and probiotics (Vitamin C is a natural anti-viral) and covered it daily with duct tape until it fell off.

Check out the Earth Clinic website (www.earthclinic.com) for natural remedies ... it's where I found mine.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:14 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have had great success with getting rid of warts using T36-C5 Melaleuca oil - apply it each morning and night faithfully for up to 3 weeks - also applying Renew Skin Therapy Lotion works - it may be a slower process, but it can be just as effective. Remember, a few types of warts do not respond to Melaleuca oil - but, as I said, we had great success. Good luck!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Have you been able to get rid of the wart?
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2010