• In the Spotlight:

oral sex and yeast infections adult content

I don't want to discourage my dh from giving me oral sex, I love it and all, the problem is every time he goes down on me I end up with a yeast infection 2 days later. If he uses a rubber and we do not have oral sex then I'm fine, if we do just oral and no intercourse I have an infection, and if we do oral with intercourse I have an infection. I told him it was intercourse so he is sure to wear a condom, but now I haven't yet told him, its appears its the oral. it sucks (no pun intended, LOL) it wasn't always like this, we have been together 20 years, and its mainly a problem the last couple of years. I don't know what to do, and also curious as to others having this problem and what they did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• have him change his diet to limit his intake of yeasty products, make him brush his teeth & use mouth wash before doing the deed. And see a doctor. it may be party due to your body as well, you may be reaching premeneposal stage.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• hmm. Maybe the infection is never truly gone and its getting passed back and forth. I would be going to see the dr and telling them. They can probably come up with a solution. You may need antibiotics and to take a break from any kinda intimacy until it clears completely.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Make him ckean his mouth before hand( brush rince floss). It may be the food he's eaten.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 3:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• He could have oral thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth and be passing it to you. He needs to check with a dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yep go to the doctors if you havent already. I know with to much sex can cause UTI but oral causing yeast that has to be a first I have heard.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2010