Do you think animals know your emotions and thoughts at times?

I had a cat who died earlier this year(was 19) and I had had her since I was really really young and she was like my buddy. I loved her dearly. I used to wrap her up in a blanket to take to the vet like a baby and was very close to her. She used to come into my room as a girl when I would be upset and she would get right in front of me and I would cry it out holding her and I'm not kidding she used to get watery eyes whenever I would cry. She would blink a bunch of times like she was very sad and would look very sad. I think about her all the time and wondered if anyone else experienced this? When she died I took one of dd's baby blankets and dh wrapped her in it and buried her. She was part of me. Do you ever wonder if close pets you will see in the sfterlife(Heaven)? If you think I'm crazy, please don't answer because I am very saddened over her passing and won't appreciate or benefit from useless rude comments, ty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pets

• they can definitely sense emotion. we had a cat who I adored when I was younger, and since he died I've wondered that, too. guess we'll find out someday
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 3:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm so very sorry for your loss, it hurts so much to lose a pet, they are like family members. And yes I do think animals can read your emotions and thoughts. When I am sad or upset my dogs know it and gather around me and stay close. If I am mad, they all hide LOL, even if I'm not mad at them. I do believe pets have souls and we see them in the afterlife. Look up the poem, The Animal Bridge, it is beautiful and I think you will like it. I know that one animal can never replace another but I hope you consider getting another kitten from a shelter when you are ready. I just read a beautiful poem about that too, told from a dog's point of view that the greatest gift he can leave when he passes on is for his people to give a shelter animal a home with them so that animal can be loved too. It make me cry. Bright blessings to you
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am so sorry for your loss. I had a cat that was about the same age. She passed a few years ago, and it still hurts sometimes. And I absolutly believe that animals have souls and that was will see them on the other side. Of course, I also believe that we live many lives, so that generally means we have a lot of pets that are there to greet us when we get there. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am so sorry for your loss as i have lost two choc labs just recently. they were both burried with their tennis balls and blankets. yes they do feel your emotions and sence when you are hurting as well. this made me cry like a baby. i also believe they have the after life as well. we lost grandpa the same week as our choc male and i always say grandpa is playing ball with him. another animal fills the void but never truely replaces them.
    Kelley M.

Answer by Kelley M. at 11:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i do belive they understand us.our animals think thier humans they are very spoiled but i would not have it any other way.iam sorry you lost your cat.we lost a puppy about 4 years ago and i ceted fir along time i still miss him.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2010