Does anyone know any natural remedies for a lab with hip dysplacia?

She is not a young girl anymore and it's getting more pronounced. I would rather use something natural than a medication.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 5:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pets

• Hi - We use NuVet and NuJoint Plus on our dogs .... The NuJoint plus is great for dogs with hip dysplacia.

NuJoint is a natural way to reduced inflammation and pain plus helps healing. All natural ---

Holistic - see here:

http://www.nuvet.com/81098puppy

YOU are looking for NuJoint Plus ( most pets also take 1 NuVET Plus wafer per day , along with 3-4 NuJoint plus wafers)

BEST wishes.. Feel Better

Marie

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 8:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• well first you should have her on a GCM supplement I suggest GCM plus for dogs.
    also a fish oil wouldn't hurt her either,
    Those will help lubricate the joints.

There is no homeopathic REMEDY for hip dysplasia. All you can do is ease her discomfort through supplements and an anti inflammatory. The latter being available through your vet.

You have to review your reasons for wanting to keep it homeopathic - especially once you see your girl unhappy because of her discomfort and inability to get around as she once did.

FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 7:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Two ProVex-Plus taken daily for one month by a large dog seems to help. At the end of the first month, cut the dose to 1 per day. Continue this dose, as it is a natural anti-inflammatory. The severity of the condition will help determine the amount to use. (Open the capsule and mix it with your dog's favorite food) Provex-Plus is a product of Melaleuca. ( a natural product) It is a good idea to always consult your veterinarian before starting any course of supplementation or treatment for your pet - I trust the products from this company and I no longer consult my vet - but that is me... Hope she feels better!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 3, 2010